- Ample 70mm aperture will reveal lots of lunar details, planetary features like Jupiter’s cloud belts or Saturn’s rings and some of the brightest Messier objects.
- Two interchangeable Plössl eyepieces and a 2x Barlow lens provide magnifications ranging from 26.9x to 144x.
- Carbon fiber optical tube assembly is lightweight but durable.
- Panhandle control on alt-azimuth mount allows for smooth movements when navigating the night sky.
- Full size tripod is fully adjustable and includes an accessory tray for holding extra eyepiece.
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images.
- Use the red dot finder and downloadable astronomy software to locate observing targets.
Embark on a fascinating adventure through our solar system and beyond with National Geographic’s 70mm telescope. This refractor features unique carbon fiber styling that gives it a rugged edge and a 70mm aperture that will perform well in lunar, planetary and deep sky observing situations. Its manageable 700mm focal length makes it highly portable and results in a versatile f/10 focal ratio that offers both wide fields and high-powered views.
For those looking to make their first foray into astrophotography, the scope also comes with an adapter that allows users to secure their smartphone to the eyepiece in order to capture and easily share images.