Microsoft Windows 10 ExploreStars App Download
You can download the Microsoft Windows 10 version of Explore Stars app using the link above to the Windows App store.
Microsoft Windows 10 ExploreStars App Database Download
You can download the extensive 70,000+ object database with the link above. This dataset includes Solar System, Messier, Alignment stars, IC, NGC, and other types of objects.
NOTE1: The Microsoft Windows 10 ExploreStars App requires a Windows Device (Tablet, or PC) that runs Windows 10. It is recommended that the tablet be at least 7" for best results
NOTE2: It is recommended that you download and extract the ExploreStars directory using your Windows 10 device.
To install the database you need to do the following:
Unzip the download and place the ExploreStars folder in your user account Pictures directory
Once you have installed the ExploreStars App and Database, here is how you get started exploring with your Explore Scientific PMC-Eight Telescope Mount
PMC-Eight Quick Start Guide
- Connect all the cables from the mount to the PMC-Eight control system.
- Power up the PMC-Eight Controller by plugging in the power adapter, or battery pack.
- On your Windows 10 Device Settings connect to the PMC-Eight-xx SSID Network
- Start the ExploreStars app on your Windows 10 Device.
- In the Settings/Preferences, enter in your location data (LAT, LONG) and select your mount type (G11, EXOS 2, iEXOS 100)
- Start Exploring by selecting an object in the graphical database