Of all the new QHY5III series CMOS USB 3.0 cameras, the QHY5III178 features the highest resolution. It contains a Sony IMX178 ExmorR CMOS color sensor with a 2.4 µm pixel size and 1/1.8" larger sensor size for gathering highly accurate guiding data as well as maintain an adequate field of view to obtain more guide stars. This versatile camera is made to be a wide FOV autoguider, high resolution planetary imager, and deep sky camera for the novice. The QHY5III178 camera has anti-amp glow control to help lessen amplifier glow considerably when deep sky imaging.
The QHY5III178 sensor is Sony’s trademark StarVis BSI image sensor. This 6.0 mega pixel CMOS image sensor is back-illuminated for use in high sensitivity operations. It has a sensitivity of 2000 mV+ per 1 µm2 (color product, when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent), and achieves superior image quality in visible and near infrared light.
The 1.25" eyepiece format remains with QHYCCD’s unique design. A major advantage of this design comes in the form of a higher heat transfer efficiency to the exterior case for lower noise, specifically in high ambient temperatures. The 1.25" format also optimizes this camera for Off-Axis guiding by providing the shortest back focus capacity. Moreover, the QHY5III178 employs the LEMO style connector, known for its dependability and ruggedness, for the guide socket.
- QHY QHY5III178 Color CMOS Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX178 ExmorR CMOS color sensor
- Imager Size: 1/1.8
- Effective Pixels: 3072 x 2048 (6 MP)
- Effective Area: 7.37 mm x 4.91 mm
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan ** Full Well Capacity: 15ke-
- Readout Noise: 2.4e - 0.9e
- Anti-amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight substantially)
- Shutter: Rolling Shutter
- Max Frame Rate: 50FPS @full resolution; 100FPs@15281024; 190FPS@764512
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/14bit; Output 8bit/14bit
- Exposure Time: 9 µs - 1200 seconds
- Pixel Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- MicroLens: Yes, onchip micro lens array
- Guide Port: Yes, 5pin Lemo aviation socket
- Back Focus: Approx. 11 mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" eyepiece size (diameter=31.6 mm)
- Nosepiece: 1.25" with filter threads
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Support Software: ASCOM, SharpCAP